Anyways, so here's our trip to Madrid in a nutshell:
* Double-decker train to the subway station
* Laughing nearly to the point of tears on the train
* That memorable first step onto the streets of Madrid
* A quick lunch/snack/drink at a little restaurant that smelled kind of weird (probably from all the meat hanging around...)
* A loooooong tour around Madrid - my favorite was probably the palace aka my future home
* Being scared out of my wits by statues, masks, and headless men that read newspapers that actually turn out to be real people!
* Tripping over some freak stone sticking out 2 inches above the road - my ankle still hurts
* Watching Alyssa dance with a cute old lady in the plaza (about half of Madrid was watching too)
* Spending about fifteen minutes trying to figure out which train would take us back to Alcalá
* Making conversation with the nice ladies on the train who assured us that we were headed in the right direction
* Getting "disoriented" getting back to my house (literally down the street from the train station...I don't know WHY or HOW I was born without any remote sense of direction!)
Oh, and best news of the day: my school offers flamenco classes!!!! for free!!
I am so excited, I don't think you can even comprehend!
|I LOVE MADRID|
|Laura and I! And I definitely thought this guy was NOT real until he moved!|
|Yup, real person|
|Oh this is just...the PALACE|
|My neck hurts from doing so many double-takes today|